Classroom and Cafeteria Addition
Mountain View Elementary is the second-largest elementary school in the county and serves over 700 students. The school is currently overcapacity.
This project funds expansions and site improvements to support the current student population at Mountain View Elementary. The project enlarges the cafeteria and adds six classrooms. Site improvements include additional parking, enhancing outdoor learning spaces and playgrounds, and removing four mobile classrooms. In addition, the new eight classroom mobile unit will stay on-site until it is no longer needed.
The Mountain View Addition project began in August by hiring RRMM Architects to design and manage the construction and forming a committee of stakeholders to provide input throughout the design process. The committee has met weekly and will continue to meet until the design is complete. The county will also ask the staff and community to provide input throughout the plan development. The design will be complete in Summer of 2022. Construction will begin in the late Summer of 2022 and finish in the early Fall of 2023.
- December 2, 2021 | Board Meeting #1a: Preliminary design was presented for information only to the school board for approval to proceed
- December 9, 2021| Board Meeting #1b: Consent Agenda: Preliminary design for school board to approve proceeding to the next phase of design
- March 10, 2022 - For Information and Action | Board Meeting #2: School board to approve proceeding to construction documents
- August 2022-early Fall 2023 | Construction
Community Engagement Opportunities
- November 8, 2021| Staff and Community Virtual Meeting #1 was held. Google Doc was provided to collect feedback.
- February 2, 2022 | Staff Virtual Meeting #2
- February 7, 2022 | Community Virtual Meeting #2
- March 2022 | Community Update (Date TBD)